Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blogging is hard

OK, so I'm supposed to start writing in my blog for class and as it turns out I'm going to be graded on it! I've never done this before so I am understandably nervous. I decide to dig up my class notes and see if I can get an idea on how to do it but nothing is forthcoming. I hate this, all of this reading and thinking, I'm a model, damn it! Where do they come up with this literacy nonsense? Last time I checked it was Classic with Style University, not MIT. Finally, after two Red Bulls and a Tylenol I find the class notes pertaining to setting up my blog. I read it aloud..,

"Blogging can fun.., use lots of keywords.., spell check often.., blog shows and events in third person..? What's that?"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: Third person is a narrative style used by writers to depict the observations and views of a separate, neutral party.

"Wait, so I'm supposed to find another person to write my blog for me?"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: No, you're supposed to make it look that way.

"What the heck are you talking about?"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: Umm.., this is stuff you should have learned in high school.

"Honey, I was the prettiest girl in school, the nerds did everything for me, no thinking required!"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: Hunh, I was wondering about my 17 year blackout.

"So I just need to find a nerd. I know! Debbie is a teacher, so that makes her one by default!"

Cradling the soft case of my i Phone 4 in the palm of my hand, I sift through the touch screen buttons leading the way to my calling list. Scanning intently I find Debbie's name and bring up her number, lifting the phone to my ear as it begins to ring softly.

"Did you know Debbie has the Barney song as her ring tone?"

Hello?

"Hi Debs, it's Darian. I need your help with my blog."

What can I do for you hunnybunny?

"I need to find a third person to write it for me, can you write my blog please?"

Hahahaha! Darian, you're so funny!

*Click*

"She hung up, that..! Great! Who do I call now?"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: How about Steve?

"Are you kidding? He's a man!"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: So?

"So, all men have this genetic defect that makes them fall madly in love with me. I can't risk it, I heard Anrol can be pretty mean. That's why I haven't done any CWS fashion shows yet, could you imagine the chaos when I stepped out onto the runway?"

DARIAN'S BRAIN: I know, nap time can get pretty wild. So how about Anrol then?

"She's not my type, don't be stupid."

DARIAN'S BRAIN: Honey, I'm your brain, it goes with the territory.

"Wait a minute, I think I have an idea.., Oh, wow, this is gonna be great! I'm so smart I don't even need you! But I'll let you keep me company, just sit back and enjoy the ride."

DARIAN'S BRAIN: Don't you mean show?



What is Darian's big idea? Will she ever get her blog posted? Will anyone read it? Will anyone even care? To find out the answer to these and other mind boggling questions tune in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment